Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Amazing feats: The Circus is in town!





So, last Sunday I went to see Cirque De Soleil, or more specifically Quidam, and it was truly the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my entire life! The skill and huge brass balls required to perform the acts they do are awe inspiring, so in honour of that I thought I'd do an article on amazing feats the like of which me and you could never hope to achieve.

The German Wheel



In the Quidam show they pretty much opened with this guy and when he rolled out I may as well have been 6 years old again! I was giddy as a school girl and could not take my eyes off him.
This is what I saw:


Because Sphereing is for pussies!


Now if that isn't fucking bad ass, then I don't know what is! It makes me wish I was born into a french circus family! That guy makes it look easy but this is what happened to Christopher Knight when he tried it on Celebrity Circus:


Can you say "Dislocated Shoulder"?


Wanna have a go?

You can pick on up at Firetoys.co.uk for just £720!

Diabolos



Diabolo (or "The Devil On Two Sticks" or "Devil Stick") is a form of juggling, in a way. At some point you will have seen one of these in a toy shop or being wielded by a hippie at a festival. They look like this:


Now, I doubt you learnt to use on of these in school, but in Asia they teach 'em different!
Here are the Quidam Diabolos:


Yes, they are children.


And here's the Malaysian Diabolo Team:



Wanna have a go?

You can pick one up at Firetoys.co.uk from around £7 and there's a host of tricks to try at Diablotricks.com.

Juggling



I will say this first... I'm a juggler. A bad one. Sure, I can keep three balls in the air and do rudimentary tricks but nothing like this!


From about 1:15 it just gets silly!


And don't think those balls need to stay airborne, either!


Crazy shit from around 3:30 onwards.


You can even use your balls to play music:


Is it just me, or does the still look like he's shitting a ball?!


Wanna have a go?

Once again, over at Firetoys.co.uk you can pick some up from 89p a ball (these fuckers should be paying me commission!) or make your own from a material of your choice filled with lentils. There's a pretty decent tutorial here and some tricks to try here.

Trapeze



Ever wanted to swing 20 feet above imminent and painful death or disability? No? Well, want no more! These guys will do it for you! This is the Dual Trapeze from Cirque De Soleil's Dralion.


Do you see any support wires?!


Wanna have a go?

Then you, my friend, are out of your fucking mind.

No comments:

© Fulmination Without Foundations

All views and opinions expressed on this website are my own. All research is done with the minimum of effort. By subjecting yourself to my insanity you give up the right to be offended. If you do find my website offensive, I suggest you follow this link.